Our systems capable of running at high-speed, are based on an active principle that combines a terahertz emission source and a terahertz signal measuring sensor. The emitted wave propagates inside the material and is then captured by the sensor measuring its amplitude, its phase and polarisation; these three variables provide information on the internal properties of the material crossed.
Several analysis methods can be considered, mainly transmission and 0°/45° reflection.
Online analysis/control of production :
Quality control :
- Defects in materials or products (heterogeneities, anisotropy)
- Defects of materials assembly (adhesion, cohesion, dimensions)
- Defects in composite, multilayers materials
- Inner defects of encapsulated or packaged products
- Contamination of materials (metal, glass, stone, biological agent …)
- Alignment rate and fiber orientation in composite materials
- Purity (crystallinity, polymorphisms …) of materials
Manufacturing process control :
- Monitoring of process parameters (products, materials)
- Process guidance based upon in-heart sensors (moisture content, density, polymerization …)